Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spaghetti Limone Parmeggianno

This is another recipe from My Father's Daughter by Gwyneth Paltrow, though I altered it a little. I know, I'm on my 4th recipe from her book and I am getting my monies worth!

I make something very similar to this all the time and vary it by adding peas, zucchini, spinach, or whatever veggie or herb appeals to me at the time. Sometimes, I even add in a bit of ham or some chicken sausages or lay some sliced, grilled chicken across the top. Sun dried tomatoes and Kalamata olives are another frequent addition to my dish.

However, my version uses some cream and since that's rather fatty, I'm happy to try Gwyneth's version using reserved pasta cooking water and a little EVOO instead of the cream. I tend to prefer the taste/texture of lighter recipes, so I did not miss the cream.

Since I couldn't find any decent looking basil, I added some dried oregano, sliced Kalamata's and chopped sun-dried tomatoes just for fun and more flavor. I look forward to also trying it with basil from the garden.

I tossed arugula with oil from the sun dried tomato jar and balsamic vinegar. I made my own garlic bread. I make a paste with a little softened butter, parm, oregano and minced garlic, spread it on bread and broil it.

This is a super fast, easy way to satisfy a pasta craving!

1 comment:

2paw said...

I sometimes use a little ricotta instead of cream, because I like the dairy-ness of it. That looks so delicious. I think you are very smart to use lots of recipes and clever to adapt them!!