Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Easter has been pretty low key here since I've been sick, but we are still having a good day. I made more Paprika Sirloin Wraps as pictured in the previous post. For a special treat, I made the Coconut-Lime Berry Cake from Everyday Food mag, issue 82. The berries go on top of the batter and sink in as it bakes. I used frozen ones instead of fresh and it worked well. I partially thawed them first. The magazine says that wrapped and fridged it keeps 5 days--HAHAHAHA! It's not likely to be around for even 2 days!

Ready to eat!

On the way downstairs to check on my seedlings, I took a picture of Bandit. I thought you might like to see him asleep in his favorite spot--the recycle bin! He enjoyed an egg for an Easter treat. He just knows when we are about to give him an egg--it's impossible to surprise him with it!

The most recently sowed seeds are now up or at least in the process of sprouting in the case of the Cilantro and Dill.

I thought I'd show some progress shots. Eggplants and lettuce:

Tomato jungle:

Peppers:

Outside, the peas are growing well. You can now see the rows of green. The row to the left takes the longest time 'til maturity, so it is a little behind the others, but it's up more than it looks in this picture.

I hope you've had a good Easter too!

1 comment:

knitseashore said...

I'm sorry not to answer this earlier, but I'm glad to hear you liked the berry cake. I want to make that soon too; I love coconut!

Your plants look amazing. My lettuce has just sprouted in the window boxes, but I need to check on the carrots in the milk jugs tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have good weather this weekend for lots of gardening.