Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chicken Korma

"Curry Week" is extended! Today, I made another new to me curry from Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution book: Chicken Korma. The technique for making each curry is basically the same, but you get such different flavors with each one. Here is the Korma spice paste.

I love the smell of onions sauteing with ginger, hot peppers and cilantro!

After all the ingredients were added in, it simmered for 30 minutes and was ready to serve. The sauce part of this dish is mostly coconut milk.

We had it with the Kasmati rice we've been using lately, more cilantro, yogurt, chutney, and lemon. I again bought the naan for convenience, this time trying the whole wheat version. It was all very good and we especially liked the chickpeas in the curry.

The only Food Revolution curry I haven't tried yet is the Vegetable Jalfrezi, but I'm thinking of waiting to do that one when I have my own butternut squash from the garden.

Later this week, I'll make another batch of the Chicken Tikka Masala.

Then, I also have the ingredients for an America's Test Kitchen recipe for Sweet Potato Soup with Lemon Herb Pesto, which has some typical curry seasonings in it. I may serve it with Spicy Roasted Chickpeas. Both recipes are from the America's Test Kitchen 30 Minute Suppers Spring 2011 magazine.

After these dishes, I'll probably do some other kinds of food, but I haven't decided what just yet. In between the curries in the past week, we did have another batch of the Food Revolution Cauliflower Cheddar Soup. There are actually some cookbooks that I have my eye on. It's always nice to find some fresh inspiration. I'll let you know soon which ones I decide to get.

1 comment:

2paw said...

Wow, you have made so many delicious curries!! I like the coconut milk, I often add it to curries, even if the recipe doesn't cal for it!!