Saturday, August 14, 2010

Birthday Cookies

Earlier this month, I celebrated a birthday and received a lovely box of gifts from Debby. She knows I love the Barefoot Contessa cookbooks and she gave me a box of the cookie mix. I hadn't had one of the mixes before and haven't been to the bakery, so it was fun to try an authentic Barefoot Contessa treat!

The from scratch recipe is in Barefoot Contessa Parties and you can find the recipe online here. For the mix, one simply combines an egg and a stick of butter with the dry ingredients in the box.

Voila! Cookies!


What a nice present of the cookie mix, tea, napkins and notepad for writing down my sugar and caffeine fueled schemes!

4 comments:

2paw said...

I have seen her on the PayTV, cooking lots of yummy things and your biscuits look very delicious!! That is a very good present!!

knitseashore said...

I'm so glad you liked your present! Those cookies are looking so delicious; I'm sure they'd be gone here within 24 hours! I'd get one, and Chris would help with the rest. :)

Your doors are looking so cheerful with the new red color! We still haven't decided what color to paint ours.

madalyn said...

Happy birthday!

Kristen said...

Yummy present!