Friday, June 11, 2010

Garden Update

This evening, while Jeff burned a small amount of brush, I did a bit of tilling. Saffy was wondering why I was using the tiller as it's almost always the job Jeff does!

I was having fun with the tilling, so I did some even after the brush burned down. Jeff was an important support for Saffy to lean on. She can't be expected to hold herself up!

When the tiller ran out of gas, Jeff went to get some from the barn and took over so I could go about planting some green and yellow beans.

All tilled again.

The blueberries are coming along nicely. I can't wait to be snacking on them when I'm out with the dogs.

The compost is full of worms and breaking down well. I have some rich new soil to use. (The silvery-green plant in the corner of the bin is artemesia/wormwood.)

I have still more planting to do, but I think it's coming along well. Besides more planting, I will be putting stakes in the for tomatoes. The peas must be picked every day! Zukes will be ready in a day or two and will be needing daily picking as well. I am especially looking forward to the first zuke bread of the season!

No comments: