Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Flowers and Shopping...the trend around here lately!

These flowers are brilliant, even seen in the dense fog that rolled off the ocean this evening.

The rose is from a cutting started by my grandmother and I don't know the name. I'm so happy to see it come back each year after the winter. It is the one plant I would hate to lose since I am sentimental.

The peonies are so large and colorful. I love the profusion of tissue papery petals. To give you a sense of scale, a single peony bloom fills my outstretched cupped hands!

Both pairs of sandals I mentioned ordering online in a previous post have arrived and fit wonderfully. Tonight, it was Jeff's turn to shoe shop. Now, he's not one to willingly shop often, but he was armed with a 40% off total purchase coupon for his favorite brand shoe store! That was motivating! He picked out 4 pairs. Won't his feet look handsome?!

Of course, I couldn't help but find a pair for me...these are extremely thin, light and stretchy and machine washable too!

We are both set with shoes for quite some time now!

1 comment:

2paw said...

What a beautiful heirloom rose you ahve, and what a lot of shoes!!!
Peonies are so hard to grow here, you are very lucky!!