Saturday, July 01, 2006

In Memory of our Barn

This weekend is the 4th anniversary of the barn fire at my family home. Fortunately, no animals were hurt! However, it was a sad experience to lose this historic barn dating from 1865. The fire was started by a lightning strike.

I miss the old, horse drawn vehicles we had including the Victorian, child's sized buggy shown here. The pic is of me (as a child) driving my welsh pony, Andy. My cat, Gray Velvet, is on the seat beside me and that's Turner, the dog, posing in front of us.

I was lucky to have such rich experiences in my life and wish the barn had survived for future generations to enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must really miss the barn when you go home to visit...I'm glad no one was hurt and the animals were OK, but it is always sad to lose something that was so old and had such history.

That is a very sweet photo of you with your horse and kitty!