Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A New Project

Some big lightning storms moved across New England late last night, so I'm feeling really tired today. I worked on my knitting during the storm. Hopefully I didn't knit those stitches tighter than the rest due to my rattled nerves!

I've started working on the Tulips top from Knitscene, Fall 2006, using KnitPicks Elegance in cornflower as a substitute yarn. I started by making a couple of gauge swatches, but found that I could go with the needles recommended in the pattern, so that was easy! The only modification I've made is to add a couple of inches to the overall length. It's a boring photo, but here's a progress pic of the back. The back is rows (and rows...) of stocking stitch with no decreasing until the shoulders. It may not be exciting, but it's easy to knit it while watching television. I've had my TiVo record the Miss Marple mysteries shown on PBS on Friday nights. I love those! There's always at least one scene where Miss Marple is knitting or goes to a yarn shop.

I really love my new bike! It's been too hot to go on any bike trails yet (and we are still waiting to pick up my husband's bike when it comes into the shop), but I have been riding it around the yard for a little fun and exercise. Saffy wants to play with the bike and runs along beside me looking very smiley. Silas mainly does his own thing, but follows along occasionally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're making great progress on the sweater, and the color is really pretty, like a summer sky.

Miss Marple is great to knit to. In the Caribbean Mystery (with Joan Dixon as MM), look at the very end for Miss Marple's pink shawl. She puts it on as she goes to check the trap she set for the murderer. It's pink, but I can't tell if it's triangular or round. It's very pretty, though.