Monday, July 31, 2006

Weekend Update

I didn't find the time to do much knitting over the weekend, but Tulips is slowly progressing. I'll take some pics for you soon, but at the moment, any pics would just show boring expanses of stocking stitch!

The Casa Blanca lilies are blooming and their scent fills the yard! They are such incredible flowers!


Although most of my gardens are filled with pink and blue flowers, I love to plant a few rows of gaudy colored annuals in the vegetable garden to break up all the greens of the vegetable plants. Here are the zinnias.


This garden pic isn't very clear at the scale I use on my blog, but you may be able to make out the zuke plants in the foreground, then the 4 o'clocks, zinnias and corn.


The dogs love this time of year when I have lots of oversized veggies for them. Last night, they each ate a zucchini, then Silas ate two cucumbers and they shared an entire corn cob! They get sooo excited about their veggies!

Jeff and I did a lot of biking over the weekend. Saturday, we tried out the East Bay Bike Path which follows an old rail bed from Bristol to Providence. It is very flat, so we were able to go 23.15 miles!! On Sunday, we didn't want to overdo it, so we did 16 miles also on the East Bay Path. It's fun to bike thru the towns and along the Bay where we saw hawks, herons, ducks, geese and swans. Here's a pic of my husband with the city of Providence in the background.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

The flowers are gorgeous! Great pics!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah! the garden looks great! Glad Silas and Saffy are enjoying their veggies!

East Bay is great -- beautiful water views as you ride along (as long as it's not in a headwind!!). I hope to get there again soon. Glad you and Jeff are having such a great time w/the new bikes!