Friday, March 25, 2011

Jamie's Cauliflower Soup

What is better than cauliflower and cheese? Not much =)

This is a soup from Jamie's Food Revolution Cookbook. It's really simple and fast to make and satisfying to eat. The cheese is a big part of the flavor, so pick one you love. This time I used a Vermont White Cheddar. It was hard not to snack on a sizable amount of what I was meant to be grating! I also had some imported cheddar in the fridge, but I thought it tasted overwhelming. I rarely don't love a cheese, but honestly, I think Saffy and Silas are going to luck out and get some cheesy treats. They live for stinky cheese!

The recipe is online here, so you don't need the book, but it is a good book to have!

Btw, if you are cutting calories or not into that much cheese, I tasted the soup before I added the cheese and thought it was delicious just like that.

Edited to add: Add in some cooked macaroni or gemelli and you get what I'm calling 'souped up mac and cheese'...I'm loving using up the soup leftovers!

1 comment:

2paw said...

Yes, cauliflower soup is delicious. I have yet to meet a cheese I don't like. Peri and Gilly live for stinky food too!!