Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Finally, Some June-like Weather!

Since it's going to start raining again, I spent almost all of the day outside making the most of the beautiful weather and working hard on yard projects. By the time Jeff got home, I was more than ready to sit at the patio table to rest and eat! But first, I set the table up for dinner...

while Jeff grilled a steak to go with potato salad. (I was too tired to make anything green to go with it, so it wasn't especially healthy, but it was yummy!)

After dinner, we goofed around in the yard with the dogs and looked at all the flowers and Jeff dutifully noted of all the things I'd gotten done.

Today the burn pile grew from the addition of brambles. I can't wait to get rid of it!

Bricks were revealed by removing the brambles and were stacked somewhat neatly. I use them to hold down garden plastic mulch. But I'm not using as much mulch this year as I'm doing a smaller garden.

I weeded all the rows of seedlings like these zukes, but the garden still has a lot of weeds in between the rows that will be tilled rather than pulled up by hand. The peppers are planted in the 2 sheets of plastic mulch this year.

The arbor bed is pretty in evening sidelight. Here's a side view of it, showing the jumble of plants. I posted a front view the other day.

A rose on a plant my grandmother gave me.

The peonies are about to unfurl.

Some dainty phlox.

I hope all the flowers don't get beaten down by the upcoming rain. This is the best time of year for blooms in my garden as I'm not really good at picking out plants that flower later in the season!

2 comments:

knitseashore said...

You have been working so hard on your garden. Everything looks great! I hope your roses and peonies are surviving ok in the rain.

2paw said...

What a lot of work you have done and what beautiful flowers you grow!!