Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Personal Best

All afternoon, I've been enjoying the glowy happy feeling of endorphins! Today, Jeff and I biked a 67 mile route at nearly the same rate of speed we ride our 20 mile routes! The ride was the NBW Scramble Metric starting in Seekonk, MA. Unfortunately, my Garmin mysteriously shut off during the ride (this happened to Mr. Suitcase last weekend!), but we had Jeff's Cateye computer for backup.

The Stats
Time: 3:47
Distance: 67 Miles
Average Speed: 17.7 mph
Note: *No Stops!* Well, we had to put a foot down at a couple of road crossings, but that was it!

The ride was wonderful! It felt like we were always going just the right speed. The temperature was about 70 degrees and we had some stretches in sun and some in shade. The terrain was mostly flat to rolling hills with a few steeper hills here and there. There were horse farms all along the route.

Sometimes I wonder if my obsession with cycling is a little weird, but when I show up to a club ride and see 100-150 other people there on bikes, I may be weird, but I know I have a lot of company!

My favorite thing about cycling is setting goals and challenging myself to ride harder, faster and longer. It's so rewarding to be able to see improvements from month to month, sometimes even from one week to the next. Sure, like with any sport, there is some pain involved, but there is definitely more gain than pain!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your personal best! It really was a great day for riding.

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Big props on the PBR! Those are always fun and satisfying. And the endorphin rush in the BEST.

I'm just afraid you're gettin' too fast for us. Way.

;^)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Way to go!!!

Devorah said...

Way to go! Keep those wheels rolling!