Sunday, June 24, 2007

Blogger Meet Up, Yarn Shopping

Saturday we had the second knitting blogger meet up in the Ocean State! We all enjoyed the extensive yarn selection at Sakonnet Purls and worked on our projects in their craft room.

Cindy, Kimberly, Erika, Debby

Erika, Debby, Kristen, Heather
Heather, Greeley, Carol


I purchased yarn for the upcoming Tour de France KAL. It's RYC Wool Silk DK in shade 304/cord. I am really obsessed with the RYC line lately!

This yarn was on sale by the front door. It's Classic Elite Wings in shade 2321 and is so light and soft. It was half price and they had 8 skeins. It's been discontinued, but I hope to find a pattern that I can do with the eight skeins. I have one idea already! If I do need more yarn, I'll just work another color into the pattern somehow. There was a plum that looked really lovely alongside the green!

I also purchased circular Addi needles and transferred the beginnings of my lace shawl onto them.

Believe me, there were at least four other kinds of yarn I 'desperately' wanted for other projects, but I did my best to remain composed and sensible!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did end up with some beautiful yarn. Bet you had some good biking today!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely meet up, and look at that beautiful wool. There is something very soothing and satisfying about a lot of wool!!!

Anonymous said...

It is very hard to be sensible at SP. They always have something to send me to the dark side!

It was so nice to see you again and I hope we can all get together soon.

cindy said...

I was so happy to meet you and the others on Saturday!


I should have grabbed some of the 5 dollars a skein yarn that you bought. It is lovely!