Saturday, June 09, 2007

Garden

I'm doing a little less with the veggie garden this year, planting the same area, but with more spacing and fewer varieties. I'm focusing on the things we use the most and making those things easier to take care of by leaving lots of room for tilling to minimize the amount of hand weeding. So, things look a lot less impressive this year, but it's coming along! Among the weeds in this pic, there are tomatoes, peppers, eggplants and cukes. Thank goodness we have a long growing season here as I still have a bunch of seeds to sow! In the background to the right you can just make out a bunch of greenness that is the butterfly garden. At the corner of the veggie garden is a clump of weigala shrubs (two are small ones that I rooted from cuttings) and to the left is the arbor bed in the shade. I need to mow and do yardwork, but it's been too wet lately, so things are getting wild!

Here's a poppy in the color I expected to see...pink, not orange like I showed you in the last post! I think it is a Princess Victoria Louise.

Will I get these blueberries before the birds do this year? Last year I did and they were delicious!

2 comments:

Devorah said...

Ooh! What a nice veggie patch. You are going to have some good salads this summer. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty poppy! Mine didn't come up this year, and I'm not sure why. I hope you get some blueberries!