Monday, June 18, 2007

Blooms, Buds and Butterflies

While many of the flowers in my garden are diminutive and look best planted in masses, the peonies are impressive individually. Each bloom is larger than my hand!

A tiny pink rosebud on a plant my grandmother gave me.

I was able to take some pictures of this butterfly today. Usually they are much more timid and flit away when I get close to take a picture, but this one didn't mind my presence. It was really enjoying the Knautia blooms. Isn't it a beautiful coppery color?

Here is another view showing the flower a little better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the flowers look beautiful. I hardly ever see butterflies anymore: how nice to see some!! PS I loved the picture of S&S playing together!!!

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to see the butterflies visiting the garden again. For a while there were few but now they seem to be coming back. A year or two ago I had a clump of monarchs on my sedum. I'd never seen so many in one place.
Do you have many birds?