Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Knitting Goodies and FO

I've been looking at Knitting Lingerie Style every time I go to the bookstore lately, so I finally bought a copy. It is a beautifully produced book with some lovely patterns (beyond just underwear). I especially like the racer back top, square neck top, and the slip. I'm hoping to learn some shaping techniques I can apply to any pattern.

I also bought the latest Simply Knitting UK.

For Project Spectrum, I got to work on a red and gold Christmas stocking using a pattern from a past issue of Simply Knitting UK. It knitted up very quickly and I think I will make a few more for gift giving this December. I felt the pattern needed some interpretation (corrections!), but I made some adjustments and things turned out well. Isn't it weird to see pictures of a Christmas stocking in June? It was even weirder to knit it this time of year! Here's a pic taken straight on.

And one with a mug for scale. It seems like a good size for filling with an assortment of little gifts.

After finishing the back of Tea Time, I cast on for the sleeves and am now beginning the armhole decreases.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your stockings are knitting up fast! I guess the rain this week gave you lots of extra knitting time!

Anonymous said...

Oh the lingerie book looks and sound fabulous and very indulgent!! It is easy to think of Christmas here because it is Winter in June,it seems sensible!!!