Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 21 Garden Pics

If you peek under the leaves, there are a lot of big, sweet, green peppers! (All Big Bertha variety.) Unfortunately, there are a few weeds too...

I'm watching these Holy Mole peppers. They are supposed to be a brownish color when ripe, I think. They must be getting close! I've found one recipe to try with them: Holy Mole Sauce, though they must be versatile for others, if you know what you are doing!

The eggplants are starting to get ahead of me and I think I'll be giving some away soon!

The sunflower variety is a bit smaller than last year's, but they are still pretty. The first ones are blooming now and there are bees on them all the time, though it's hard to see the bee in this shot. I have to use the zoom to get a picture since they are over my head!

1 comment:

2paw said...

Holy Mole, that made me laugh!! Your sunflowers are just lovely!!