Thursday, June 08, 2006

Shopping Therapy

Yesterday, we had a nor'easter (isn't this June?) and the sky was dark, it was windy and the rain was coming down sideways. The best thing I could do was curl up on the couch and alternate between knitting and browsing through my newest knitting books in an effort to distract myself from the fact that my gardens were being flattened by the weather. Today, it looks like a herd of elephants cavorted in the lupines. Eight of my tomato plants are snapped in two. I can't go on; you get the picture. I really needed a pick me up after surveying the damage. What to do? Did someone say shopping?

Well, I love the look of the hand warmers in Last Minute Knitted Gifts, so I ordered supplies to make two sets of them. For yarn, I chose Noro Cash Iroha in Burgundy (84) and Sage Blue (92) from Yarn Market. I also ordered the necessary needles (Clover, circular, US6, 8 inches long) from Purls.

And, as if I don't have enough patterns on my to do list, I ordered a couple that I've been eyeing for awhile. First, Rebecca #31 from Yarn Market. I've never seen this magazine in person, but it looks exciting in the pics online. Also, Sirdar Booklet 319: California Girls in Luxury Soft Cotton as I think shrugs are fun to knit up and I'd like to try the tank, shawl and hats as well! That one is ordered from McA Direct.

I'm feeling a little better with these items on the way. I'll share pics when they arrive!

For now, here's a picture of my butterfly garden before the storm.

No comments: