Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Fabulous Books in the Mail

Yesterday, I had such a nice surprise in the mail. My inlaws collaborated to send me two knitting books from my amazon.com wish list. They chose 'Last Minute Knitted Gifts' and 'The Sweater Workshop'.

Both books are filled with inspiring photos. I'd like to try all the patterns in LMKG! From TSW I look forward to learning how to customize seamless sweaters.

Last night, I was anxious to get started on something from one of the new books. I've had some Rowan Kid Silk Haze in my stash for awhile and decided to use it for the Eyelet Lace Scarf in LMKG.

That fine spun fiber really tried my patience at first! It was tough getting started and several times I almost ripped it off the needles, but I kept going and it actually started to look pretty and got easier as I got a rhythm going. Clearly it will need to be blocked, but I think it's going to turn out all right! Perhaps in the spirit of the book, I'll give it to my grandmother!

No comments: