Thursday, July 12, 2007

Staying With the Peloton!

There is lots of easy stocking stitch happening on my Tour de France KAL project! I can watch television or play a movie like A Good Year to see plenty of French scenery while I knit and purl. I've used 2 balls of yarn so far. In this picture, you can see about 13.5 inches done on the back section.

Now, I can spread out the ribbing without losing stitches off the needle and show you the lace pattern! I'm really pleased with the stitch definition! The dainty little plates are Limoges porcelain.


I've been keeping up with the 5:30 *AM* bike rides. I have to admit it's agonizing to haul myself out of bed at that hour, but once I'm out on the bike, I'm happy! It is so quiet except for the birds and sound of the wind.
Here are foggy pastures near Hammersmith Farm. There is a funny collection of livestock grazing during the day: a couple of llamas, a mini donkey, mini ponies and some sheep and beltie cows.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That lacy rib is so pretty!! I love the tiny plates too!!! Well done with your dedication to cycling!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your progress. I've been out of the blog reading loop lately but you have some great photos. I still hope we can get together for a ride this summer. (but *not* at 5:30am :) ) Take care!

Cecile said...

Gorgeous pictures. Kudos to you for getting out on your bike each morning. Wow that is some dedication! Your knitting looks beautiful The stiches are so even and the pattern is realy looking lovely. Thanks for the kind words you posted on my blog.

Keep up the good work-both on the biking and the knitting!

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest itty bitty plates- such detail in something so tiny!

belaybunny said...

I love the lacy rib, it's so pretty. well done on getting up again at that hour to go cycling. Those plates are cute too.

Hege said...

That ribbing is so cool!
That looks like such a beautiful ride! Nice and cool, too, so early in the morning!