Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Almond Spritz

The old spritz press has 'character'--like one little broken off 'leg' on the end. It is fun and brings back memories, but I do wonder if the new presses are a little easier to use?

I made up a batch of delicious almond dough which was like marzipan when raw. Most of the dough did get baked into little trees and camels. Don't laugh too hard at the camels. I think I needed to press a little more dough out for them or maybe have things a different temperature.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter how they look when they are SO yummy!!!

1 comment:

knitseashore said...

My mom or grandma has a spritz press like yours. I don't know if I've ever worked with it so I can't say whether it is easier or harder than the one I bought from Pamp*r*d Ch*f.

Last year I had no problems with it, but this year, I couldn't get the cookies to release from the press. Not sure what went wrong. So I am loving the cookies I did get out of the press, only allowing myself a couple each day to make them last. That almond flavor is out of this world!

I use food coloring in mine too, but plain tastes just as good!!