Monday, January 08, 2007

More Drops Cardi

It is so dark and rainy here today. I apologize for the uneven lighting in this photo, but I want to show you the left front of the Drops cardi!



It has a little shaping for the waist in addition to the v-neck and sleeve shaping. The trim is created as you go by garter stitching the center 12 stitches.

Although I had some initial concerns about working with the fine alpaca yarn, I'm finding that it's knitting up quite quickly. It can look a little uneven as I work, but I find that a quick dip in warm water and blocking overnight evens it out nicely.

I hadn't really examined the Drops free pattern site before recently looking for a pattern for the Drops Alpaca in my stash and I really think it is a wonderful resource. If you haven't checked it out already, you might like to: Garnstudio & Drops Design. The cardi pattern I chose is clearly written and quite simple. It occurred to me that this would be a good top to embellish with the lace cuffs or trims like you can find explained in Nicky Epstein's books like "Knitting on the Edge".

Well, rainy days are good knitting days, so hopefully I'll make a lot of progress on the right front today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I love the color. Such a pretty blue! Sky is clear here, so hopefully it will stop raining there soon.

Anonymous said...

It's looking good - pretty color and shaping.