Monday, January 15, 2007

Blue

I feel like I'm getting a jump start on Project Spectrum with all the blue yarn I have been knitting since the first of the year!

I completed the back of the Drops Cardi Saturday night and got it blocking right away. Here are all the pieces...

...I have a lot of seaming ahead of me!

While the final piece of the Drops Cardi was blocking, I began Lara, a Debbie Bliss pattern I have been admiring for some time.

Instead of spending $130 on the recommended Alpaca Silk, I am using $17 worth of Lion Brand wool-ease in Navy. I'm thinking that if I really love to wear this sweater, I'll splurge at some point and make it with the Alpaca Silk too. But I think the wool-ease will be ok initially. I'm planning this as an everyday sort of top to wear with jeans. I'm hoping to finish it up quickly as the temperatures are dropping and we are going to get some winter weather around here after all. I could use a cozy new sweater to wear!

This is a pic of the left sleeve. For this pattern, you start with the left sleeve and knit your way across to the right sleeve all in one piece. It's a little bit like the child's Lola sweater I made last year.

I'm starting to look ahead to projects for this year and will begin to post ideas soon. For now, I can say that I will be making a pink, green and cream Noni bag for Project Spectrum in April and May. Debby is going to work on one along with me! And, I'm planning to make the shrug from Debbie Bliss Cathay, but have yet to choose a color. I will pick one that fits in with Project Spectrum.

Why is it always dark and rainy when I am trying to take pics? I lightened the pics up as best I could...I hope you can see enough detail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You knit so quickly!!! I am trying to finish a sock by morning tea time and you have done a whole cardigan!!! I am looking forward to seeing it finished!!!

Anonymous said...

The lines of Lara are so clean and pretty. Wendyknits made it some time back.
Some yarns definitely cry out for substitution for those of us with bills to pay! There is a design I'm interested in in a current magazine. The given yarn would cost over $300 - no thanks.

Anonymous said...

Your Drops cardi is a beautiful sea green-blue on my monitor. Is it really that color? I think the WoolEase will be great for a regular top to wear with jeans. Sometimes I think it costs more to knit a sweater than to buy one already made.

Can't wait to start the Noni. I'm working hard on finishing my lace stole. The camisole is going to be a huge challenge though.