Saturday, July 05, 2008

Tour de France KAL '08

I'm set to cast on for my second Tour de France KAL and have chosen the yellow jersey category again. I've picked a project that should be pretty easy and hope to make a lot of progress on it during the Tour, if not finish it. I've been assigned to Team Lampre, lead by Kristen.

In the spirit of the KAL, I am using a pattern and fiber from a French Company, Bergere de France, though I placed my order for supplies from a UK source called IntoKnit.

I'm planning to knit the 'Getaway Jacket' which is in the Spring/Summer Mag, number 511.

I've purchased the yarn shown in the picture, a cotton synthethic blend. I hope I like it ok! I don't have experience knitting with fibers like this, but it seems like it will be light to hold which is important for knitting in hot weather. I just hope it isn't too splity.

The pattern and materials are practically sold as a kit, so I opted to also buy the black buttons shown in the picture.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I love it- tres chic.

Devorah said...

Let me know how you find the pattern. I had some interesting experiences with their baby patterns a few years ago. Thought it was the translation but my mil confirmed that the french was just as confusing.

Anonymous said...

Very French chic!! It looks divine and how clever to buy a kit!! We're not very 'kitty' here!!
Bonne chance!!

knitseashore said...

You have a great project for the KAL -- I hope the yarn is as fun to knit with as it looks!

Anonymous said...

very nice pattern - bonne chance!!

nope, I've not been out on my bike much either - what with study and weather. we're hoping to move to shropshire btw ;)