Friday, September 07, 2007

Oops...

I got a little carried away and knit too many rows for the back between the underarm shaping and shoulders, so I'll have to frog the top part of this to decrease it by about 5 rows! I also knit the body slightly longer than the pattern called for, but it will suit me OK. I didn't intend to make it longer, but precision has not been my thing lately while dealing with the headache/cold I've had! But it's funny, I just lined it up on my recently finished Krim Tomato out of curiosity and it is identical in length/shape! Impreciseness seems to have lead to precision after all! This should fit as well as Krim! Now, I just have to make the front match up. Oh, It's hard to see, but I did opt for the waist shaping using the smaller needles.

I've also made the cap sleeves. They look a bit pointy to me! Do they look right to you? I've never done this kind of sleeve before.

Happily, I was able to knit both in pattern and have them turn out the same.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the cold has been an ill wind!! I have just this minute cast of for the underarm part on the back. I did the smaller needle shaping and it is hard to see, isn't it?? I'm not sure about the sleeves, I have to knit them last as I have to eke out my corn wool!!!

Curly Cable said...

Your lacy tee, is looking fabulous, you've made excellent progress. The pattern must be an enjoyable one as you've got carried away and knitted more rows than the pattern;) The longer length will look and feel much better though, me thinks. I can't help you with the sleeves unfortunately and although they do look a little pointy, I have seen sleeves like this on another pattern and they did fit in the armhole fine and once sewn up, didn't not look pointy at all. So I would imagine this pattern is the same. so try not to worry. Your progress really look super and lovely neat work too. Well done, and I hope that pesky cold goes away soon.

Devorah said...

Your sleeves are lovely! I'd have faith if I were you and trust the pattern for now. Good Luck!

Hege said...

Your lace tee looks great! I want to make that one as well. It's on the (very long)list. And the hand warmers in your previous post are really beautiful!