Thursday, April 19, 2007

Finally Spring?

At last, the sun is shining and I am hopeful that spring is really here! Despite the gloomy days, plants are sprouting in the gardens (including these poppies). I was glad things didn't get washed out by all the rain!


The Conanicut osprey are tending their nest. I keep checking the webcam and got to see the egg! Here's the pic showing it:


While the weather has been lousy, I've taken the opportunity to spring clean my house. I've gotten rid of over 100 books, many of which went to a book drive for the troops and countless bags of clothing that I donated to the Salvation Army. It's fun to get rid of things and be able to help out some good causes too!

Well, this is just a quick post so you'll know I wasn't washed away by the nor'easter. I promise to have new biking and knitting posts soon :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great pic of the osprey - and I envy you that you've been able to get rid of so much stuff! Must be nice to have that load off!!

Anonymous said...

I love the opposition of seasons: you are longing for Spring and watching for the flowers and animals, and I am enjoying the Autumnal colours and looking out for the first frost!!!