Monday, May 09, 2011

Nice Dinner and Some Evening Garden Work

I used some of last year's peas to make this yummy dish from Jamie's Dinners. It is Farfalle with Carbonara and Spring Peas. The recipe didn't say to, but I poured off ALL the fat after cooking the bacon. I don't think anybody would want that in the sauce! I used parsley instead of mint as I had it all washed and ready to go which was quicker than walking out to the yard to pick the mint this time.

After dinner, we worked it off with some gardening. We got 7 sheets of mulch in place. I am probably going to buy 3 more sheets. I'm still working on the layout in my head a little.

The robins were flitting along the stone wall, watching us and probably feeling disappointed to see so much soil getting covered up. They like to have an evening feeding session there. There is still a lot of dirt for them to poke around in though. And, in the summer when it gets hot, there will be rain puddles on the plastic that they will like to take baths in.

4 comments:

2paw said...

That bowtie pasta is so cute!!
I always buy the bacon from the corner deli which is short cut and has only a tiny rim of fat around the eye.

Kristen said...

I love robins, they're so friendly and cheery-good company in the garden.
I'm sure you've already mentioned it, but what do you use as sheet mulch?

Unknown said...

I think you should turn your home into a B & B, oops, I mean B & D (Bed & Dinner)! Love your cooking style and garden.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.