Thursday, April 29, 2010

Spring Pattern Shopping/Wishing Checklist

I love the anticipation of a new season and new books to tempt and inspire me, even if I can't possibly keep up with all of them!

1. I've already started shopping from my spring wish list, beginning with Knits Men Want.

One of my main OTN projects right now is Ross, a striped raglan from RYC Tweed that I'm knitting for Jeff and really enjoying working on. He will like the traditional shapes in Knits Men Want.

2. I have successfully resisted buying many magazines lately, but I did purchase the spring issue of Verena.

Though I likely won't get to it this season, I like the pattern named Fiesole, a classic sort of summer cover-up.

There are some other pretty tops that could work for me as well, like this one named Sonnet.

3. Although I always love the glossy, sensationally styled Kim Hargreaves pattern books, the only one I've bought so far is Heartfelt. The next one I want is the newest, Misty.

4. I have yet to buy a Sublime Yarn book, though many of the patterns are appealing. The one I want first is this season's #632 The Third Luxuriously Exotic Soya Cotton Book. Sarah Hatton, a contributor to the book, is a favorite designer of mine, so it's not surprising that I like it so much! I think the first pattern I would want to try is Biarritz. The local yarn shop is ordering a copy for me, so I should have it soon!

That's it for my spring pattern shopping list at the moment. Thankfully it's not a longer list as I have such a queue of patterns I love!

2 comments:

knitseashore said...

I have been enjoying looking through all the new magazines and patterns, and bought a copy of Verena too. I really would love to knit the blue mohair sweater in the Vogue spring issue, but I don't think I'll get to it this year.

Would love to see a photo of the sweater for Jeff when you are ready to share!

2paw said...

Oh I love Carrie, Petal, Arielle and Peace in the Misty book!! I have read nice reviews of Knits Men Want too. Sounds like a very nice plan!!!