Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ooh...


Ahh...

Lovely, lovely yarn mail...such a happy thing!!

Having the Noni patterns in hand let me know what yarn was required, so I ordered a bunch. I had to order from two places to get the colors I wanted: Webs and Alpaca Direct. But, both places had the yarn on *sale*! And it arrived within two days too!

I have already wound 11 of the skeins into balls. I will be able to make up to 3 market bags and 2 evening bags and flowers for all. The only thing I still need to buy is the Crystal Palace Fizz in black. It's part of the flowers for the evening bags. I was going to order it, but shipping was going to cost more than the 1 ball I need, so I'm holding off for awhile. Maybe I can incorporate it into a bigger order or find it locally. I have plenty of knitting I can do in the meantime.

After the mail arrived on Saturday, I went to JoAnn's to get some supplies. I'd made a list of things I wanted all week and was able to get most things. Mainly I wanted the stuff for finishing the tan Chunky Cable Bag.

I picked out these two patterns and will look for fabric I like another day.

There were some good sales at JoAnn's too!

Don't worry, I didn't stay inside all weekend. It was gorgeous out and I did a lot of yard work (my arms ache from clipping). For fun, we fired up the grill for lunch and dinner today! Yay!

1 comment:

knitseashore said...

It sounds like you had so much fun -- craft shopping and being able to work outside in the garden, and your meals on the grill. Awesome!