Monday, April 07, 2008

Filigree

Earlier this year I bought Knitting New Mittens and Gloves as I am rather a fan of fingerless mitts and things.

I had a little Rowan Wool Cotton leftover from the secret gift project I'm working on and since that is currently blocking so I can't do more on it, I cast on for a pattern called Filigree featured in this book.

It was a little fussy to work, but not hard. I like the results pretty well and will do the mate for it soon. The color isn't accurate in this picture, but it's cloudy out and I can't get a better one. The color isn't my first choice, I think I'd pick a darker one if I wasn't using scraps, but I suppose this light one is nice for springtime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mitten is so pretty, I love the lacy pattern. Here, I am just breaking out the mittens and thinking of making some knitted gloves!!

Kristen said...

What a pretty pattern stitch.