Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Show & Tell: Old Valentines

My Great Aunt saved these Valentine cards (c.1920's) in a red, cloth covered box and I was lucky to inherit them. Here's a pic of all the cards stacked up in the box. Then, I'll show you some of the cards more clearly in the following pics.

A trio of embossed cards with colorful images on the front and line images and text inside.

Heart shaped cards with portraits of little girls.

This girl 'walks' when you turn a wheel with extra feet on the back.

Finally, these are among my favorites. They are articulated so you can make the characters roll their eyes.

Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What pretty little treasures. I love items from the 1920's.

Anonymous said...

Those are SOOOOOOO cool!!!! Yes, you're very fortunate to have inherited such treasure! What a perfect day to read through them and imagine all the wonderful memories of Valentines' Days Past! Thank you for sharing them with us!

Anonymous said...

They are so pretty -- you are lucky that your aunt had saved them! Happy Valentine's Day to you and J.

Jenny Raye said...

I love these old Valentines--what a great thing to have!

Thanks for stopping by my blog--sorry for my delay in getting back to you. I'm glad to be part of the Cycling Knitters ring.