Monday, April 17, 2006

Lola details

Someone asked me for more information about the 'Lola' sweater I am making, so I thought I would make a post about it for everyone to see.

'Lola' is from the Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora Book and you can view pictures of all the patterns from it here:
http://theknittinggarden.com/db-bookctnangora.htm

The yarn I am using was what I had on hand from my grandmother's stash and it is Red Heart Classic Yarn 0683 Light Seafoam which can be seen here:
http://www.herrschners.com/products/product.aspx?sku=010526&id=3559
I am part way thru the third skein and don't expect it will take more than 4.

I am using size 8 needles and my gauge is close, but not quite on. Size 7 needles would probably be just right. The pattern is sized for 1-2 yrs, 2-3 yrs, 3-4 yrs, and 4-5 yrs and my sweater size is coming out to between 3-4 and 4-5 years.

I'm really pleased with how it's turning out and I'll post new pictures of it soon. The pattern is really easy and the acrylic knits up fast. If anyone has more questions, please let me know.

No comments: