Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Shopping for Baby!

I've been a little quiet on here lately, mainly because I had a cold. I didn't want to take anything for it, so I just suffered through with lots of sleep and general lazing around and watching episodes of Midsomer Murders.

As soon as I felt better, we began shopping for the baby! Last weekend, we spent a lot of Saturday and Sunday at various stores and now, there is baby stuff all over the house. It is one more step that makes this feel very real and exciting. I've been unboxing and trying to get all the cardboard out of the house. Jeff has a lot of bits to assemble now.

We got some of the major items, like a 'travel system' that includes a stroller and attachable, newborn car seat. Hurrah! We have a way to bring him home from the hospital!

We got a 'bouncer' for a safe place to set him down and hopefully amuse him with the motion it makes. We got the Baby Bjorn carrier that everyone seems to get, a whale shaped bath tub with toys included, a pelican water jug for rinsing, some little toys and blankets...

Oh, we have the crib too! But I have to order the matching changing table from the web as it's not sold in stores. But no real rush as the nursery is still in a state of complete upheaval that has spread to a couple of other rooms too! Much furniture is getting shifted around or stored. Painting will be commenced within the next week or so. I am hoping to hit an upcoming sale on the paint that a store clerk told me about when I was picking out paint samples.

I have lots more ideas about what to get and need to make lists for our next shopping trips for the feeding and changing items. Fortunately, my mom and dad have been sending lots of clothes, so I haven't even had to think about that!

The doggies think everything is for them and I suspect they are going to think the bouncer is an exciting new kind of dog bed when Jeff gets it assembled...

(photos from Babiesrus website)

1 comment:

2paw said...

I think Midsomer Murders is good sitting-on-the-couch-recuperating TV. Hope you are feeling better now.
I can see you are all having a lot of fun preparing for the new baby. And everything is so cute!! I a pretty sure Saffy and Silas believe it is all for their benefit too. The new baby is lucky to have such faithful hounds around!!