Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fresh Baked Bread

I am in the mood for baking and am hoping the weather turns fall-like soon, so it's enjoyable to have the oven on. Between the summery temps and my 'incubating' condition, the heat has been too much for me to contemplate turning the oven on very often. But, I have made some pizzas and mac and cheese in the past couple of weeks.

Today, I made yummy 'white toast bread' from Sweet and Savory Swedish Baking by Leila Lindholm. I love the taste and texture from poppy seeds on the sides and bottom and the Malden salt flakes on the top!

I ate 3 hot slices with softened butter right out of the oven. I can do that as I'm eating for two! Well...not all the time ;)

I am such a fan of Leila Lindholm. I hope to see her latest book published in English sometime soon. It's called Hello Cupcake and, if you click that link, you'll see that the preview pictures are gorgeous. In the meantime, however, I still have a lot of cooking to do from her two books that I already have!

3 comments:

2paw said...

That bread looks so delicious, I can almost smell the freshness!! The poppy seeds is such a clever idea. I a glad you can eat for two sometimes!!!

Thomas said...

That looks sooooo good! The poppy seeds on the sides are a nice touch.

Kristen said...

It looks delicious! Even though it's still humid, I baked an oatmeal pie today, which tastes like a chewy oatmeal cookie.