Thursday, January 13, 2011

Deep Freeze

We are having some cold, windy, wintry weather! While the weather is in the deep freeze, I love to pull some of our garden produce out of the deep freezer in the basement and make up something warming. This improvisation was so yummy that I've made it twice in a row!

In a saucepan, add 1 bag of tomato puree (you could sub a large can of puree), oregano, black pepper and a tsp of sugar and 1 small can of cannellini beans (rinsed) and simmer while cooking 4 oz of pasta (gemelli) in another pot. Add the pasta to the tomato mixture, serve and top with parm! So fast and delicious and serves 2!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

It is definitely soup weather. Yesterday I made beef barley. I'm going to try out some of the soups that were in the ProJo food section yesterday too.

2paw said...

Oh I wish it was soup weather here. That soup looks delicious and from your garden as well!!

Unknown said...

Looks so yummy...
and I bet everything tastes better in a EB bowl!

knitseashore said...

Mmmmmm that looks so good. Is it more like soup or more like pasta with sauce? If I were to use a can of puree, should I add water to it? Maybe I will try this next week!! Stay warm!