Sunday, January 06, 2008

First New Project of '08

Debby and I have decided to start working on the Noni bags we've been intending to make for so long. The first step was winding all the skeins into balls.

Now, I'm ready to cast on! I'm don't feel like I completely understand the directions, so I'm hoping things will become clearer once I'm knitting. (They usually do.) My biggest concern with this project is making the edges look really neat as they form the opening of the bag. I'm not terribly good at my edges...hopefully the felting will cover some sins? The pattern says to carry the yarn up the edge, but I don't think I can make that look good enough for a visible edge. Hopefully it will be ok to break the yarn and weave in the ends some instead?

Jeff and I have been really into watching movies lately. There were a couple of romantic comedies on my list for some time that we finally got around to seeing: Kate & Leopold and The Wedding Date, both of which were pretty good!

These tea tins really bring out my Bowerbird tendencies. How pretty is this one? A new color, at least it's the first time I've seen it, and the tea smells and tastes just as good as the tin looks!

The December issue of Simply Knitting UK was only just put out on the shelves at the local bookstore, but already it has been replaced by the January issue. Something weird happened with the timing of the November issue and it wasn't available for the longest time, but it seems like we are on track again. Thankfully, I didn't miss any issues. I also got Country Living. I do love reading mags in the wintertime especially.

2 comments:

knitseashore said...

I'm all set to start! The directions are really confusingly written but I'm sure we can figure it out. :)

Kate and Leopold was really good. Do you like the new Simply Knitting? I hope to take a look at it soon.

2paw said...

Oh I am excited to see how you go!!! I have seen pictures but never known one to be knitted!! 'Kate and Leopold' is a good movie: and it has Hugh!!!