Thursday, August 23, 2007

Mags, Yarn Mail, KALs, Tomato Update

Jeff and I went to Barnes and Noble Tuesday night for coffee and browsing. I look forward to getting my copy of Simply Knitting each month, so I was glad there was a new one! I think it might be nice to make the blue top shown on the cover sometime. It would be good to wear next summer. If I knew how to crochet, I'd make the purple shrug!

I also got the September In Style. The big fall issues of the fashion magazines are my favorites as I love the range of colors and textures you can wear in cooler weather and there is much more knitting pictured.

Part of my gift certificate order from The Irish Ewe arrived yesterday! Yarn mail makes me so happy! It's the Cascade Sierra for the shaped lace tee from Knitting Lingerie Style. The Cascade Fixation was backordered, but I will wait for it since I have plenty of projects OTNs for the time being!

I wound this into balls last night when I was too tired to do anything requiring much mental effort! It cooperated very well, no tangling, so I think it's going to be very pleasant to knit with.

In anticipation of working with the Cascade Sierra and Fixation, I have joined two KALs:
Knitting Lingerie Style Along

Romantic Hand Knits Along (cover of book for now, suspect a proper button will be available soon!)

Here is a progress picture of Krim knit to the waist and ready to begin the increases for the hips.

I've actually done a few rounds of increases since this pic! When I was two or three green rows below the pattern band, I transferred the live stitches onto scrap yarn and tried it on. The top part fits! As long as the rest fits as well, I'll be thrilled!

7 comments:

knitseashore said...

You have a lot of pretty projects planned! I haven't purchased SK yet, but I do have the big InStyle waiting, and my cheap luxury...People Style Watch. I'm not into the celebrities so much as seeing all the clothes.

Glad Tomato is fitting well so far!

yarnivorous said...

One of my friends sent me SK from the UK! We get it in Oz but I haven't seen it here - will have to check B&N more often!
Lots of luscious projects in those two books. Mmmmm....

Curly Cable said...

SK is definately one of the best UK knitting magazines, fab patterns and great information. Tomato is looking super, you are really moving fast with this one ;)

Anonymous said...

The Cascade Sierra looks delicious and I'm looking forward to seeing you start the tee.

Devorah said...

Since the top is the trickiest part, fit wise (from my perspective) you should be good to go now. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the Tomato is almost ripe and ready to wear!! It looks great. I liked the fact that I could try Haute Tricot on at that stage too. It was pretty amazing. I am still amazed!!!

belaybunny said...

My kids loved the sheep row counter in SK. The cascade looks lovely and your top has really grown.