Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Lace Headband

I visited Barnes and Noble last night to buy a copy of Interweave Knits, Summer 2006. Browsing through it, I decided to try "Molly's Headband" to learn lace making skills and to use up odd bits of yarn from my grandmother's stash. The pattern is available free online at:
Sweet Somethings (page 4).

Although I've done some eyelet lace before, this is the most complicated lace pattern I have tried. This is also the first i-cord I have made! The pattern calls for sport weight yarn, so I chose a ball from the stash that seems to be about that. I'm sorry I have no ball band, so I won't be able to share that info with you. I have no idea what it is, but I do love the color! Here is a picture of the magazine along with the start of my headband:



Here is a detail of my headband so far:



I'm still working on the socks pictured below. I have a long event to sit through this Saturday, so I'm going to take the socks along to work on.

No comments: