Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Knitting for Jeff

I've yet to make a sweater for Jeff, so I've been thinking it's time to try one. We recently picked out a couple he likes and I decided to start with an easier one on rather large needles.

Our friends Debby & Chris were visiting for the weekend, so Debby and I got to shop at Sakonnet Purls together and then go to Gray's Ice Cream with the guys.

On our shopping outing, I was able to find the book and yarn for Jeff's sweater. The book is The British Sheep Breeds Collection by Rowan that features patterns for the Purelife collection of wool using natural colors from specific breeds of sheep. I picked out the mid brown Jacob.

Here's the sweater, called Appersett, as shown in the book.

I began knitting it on Sunday evening and finished the back and got the front ribbing done by Tuesday night. Got to love those 10 and 10.5 needles!!

The stitch pattern causes a little curve to the bottom edge, a little like a shirt-tail hem. A bit of blocking should even out the curve some.

I also got the pattern book for another sweater Jeff likes, called All Seasons at the Mill. I really like the cotton yarn. Jeff likes the color blocked sweater and I like the hooded tunic, both shown on the front bottom row (cover pic from the Rowan site).

I'll be sure to keep you posted on my progress, of course!

1 comment:

knitseashore said...

Wow you are fast!!! The back of the sweater looks great!