Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I’m Back!

Back in a crafting frame of mind! A little knitting is happening on the shaped lace tee. I’m really close to finishing if I just have some discipline. The main thing slowing me down is knowing that I have to rip back a little of the back section that I made too long. Ugh.

Last night, at the bookstore I got a couple of really lovely books. I’ve only briefly browsed through them so far, but think I’m really going to enjoy them.

I like the folk artsy quality of the afghan patterns in Cover Up. I could see working away at one or two of these concurrently with some shorter projects. Many would be good practice using color too!


Not knitting, but fun sewing projects instead, appeal to me in the latest ‘last minute gift’ series called Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts. The ideas in here make me want to run to the fabric store and buy stacks of gorgeous prints!


I love browsing all the new book choices that seem to be hitting the shelves in time for the upcoming holidays. I also bought the Nigella Express cookbook in the past week and have already tried a few recipes from it. I love her writing style and easy approach to cooking. I find many of these dishes so simple that they hardly need a recipe, but they spark the imagination as you browse through and I am inspired to make up something similar with ingredients at hand. It's always nice to be able to add some variety to our meals without having to go out!

3 comments:

knitseashore said...

You found a lot of inspiring books!! Will you start on the quilting first or the afghans?

Good luck on your lace shaped tee. I can't wait to see it.

Curly Cable said...

Good luck with your lace shaped tee, go on keep going... you can do it. I love your books, your a Nigella fan too then, I love her style of cooking too. Yum-Yum

Anonymous said...

I am still up to the Shaped Tee sleeves. I am very bad, considering it is hot and I could be wearing it!!! I borrowed the Patchwork book from the Library, it is really good!!! I actually bought the Nigella Express on super sale for $40 Aus. Books are expensive here, but it was worth every penny I keep rereading it!!