Sunday, November 25, 2007

Blogger Meet Up

Saturday, I went to the 3rd Southern NE Knit Blogger meet up at Mystic River Yarns. It was fun chatting, knitting and shopping with these creative women! The shop is charming, as I'm sure you can see in these pictures. The owner gave us each a shop mug at the end of our meet up.

Cindy and Debbie:

Debby and Kristen:

Valerie, Karen and Cindy:


I worked on my Black Raspberry top. I've knit the front and back sections in parallel. The front is ready to be divided for the v neck shaping and then I will begin the armhole shaping on both pieces.

I purchased 3 skeins of Mountain Colors weavers wool quarters which I have not worked with before. I initially picked them for socks. This one is meadow:

This one is sapphire trail which I thought might be good for Jeff either as socks or wrist warmers. He balled up the skein for me last night while we watched TV together.

I balled this yarn which is called winter sky and thought it was just too pretty to have hidden in shoes and cast on for a scarf instead. It's the Misty Garden pattern from the book Scarf Style. It's a very different yarn than the one used in the book, but I think mine will be nice in different way. It's knitting to the same width. What do you think? Should I keep going with it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you again at MRY. Oh, definitely keep going with the scarf in that yarn, it is so pretty!

cindy said...

Yes..........it is too pretty to put in a shoe.The scarf is a good project for it. Nice husband.............he winds yarn for you!!!

knitseashore said...

So glad we had a little time to visit on Saturday. I agree with Kristen and Cindy -- the scarf is beautiful. I love the Misty Garden pattern.

Curly Cable said...

I love your black raspberry top, what a gorgeous colour. Definately keep going with the scarf, it is looking really beautiful, and is far too pretty to stop.