Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Petals & Pedals

These daffodils are such a happy yellow color! I love the extra frilly petals, but I have no idea what variety they are. They were one of the few things already planted here when we bought the property!


And, here’s another happy color! The bright orange line on this graph shows my pedal cadence during the club ride last night. My best/highest to date! Even with all the stopped/slow bit around 2.5 miles where we were meeting up with the group, I had an overall average cadence of 77 rpm!

The route was 19 miles long with 1,073 feet of climbing and I got an average speed of 17.9 mph including the warm up and cool down. About a dozen people showed up for the ride. Riding with experienced cyclists is really helping me to improve my averages. Also, I love getting helpful tips for better bike handling from them! It was a very fun ride and I hit 1,000 miles for the year!

1 comment:

knitseashore said...

Those look like a double narcissus with all the extra petals. I bet they smell heavenly. My lilies and peonies are really zooming out of the ground now with the warmer weather.