Thursday, July 27, 2006

Tulips, etc.

When I got to the end of the left front on the Tulips top, I realized it was going to come out longer than the back I had already done, so I had to frog a dozen rows or so and redo them with more frequent decreases for the neckline. I made notes of my changes, so I should be able to replicate them for the right front! Fingers crossed! If I make Tulips again, I will do the front pieces first and then I will be able to make the back the same length.

Jeff and I have been out biking five days in a row. Last night we did 13.87 miles! About half of that was off-pavement on the trails in the Great Swamp and the rest was on a paved bike path just a short ride from the swamp. We were both pretty wobbly at the end of the trip, but pleased to have made it so far!

We're enjoying zukes, cukes, beans and peppers from our garden now. I love this time of year when I can walk out to the garden and pick dinner just moments before cooking. The flavors are so wonderful! The dogs have been enjoying a few zukes too--they do like their greens ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah, just a quick comment to say thank you for your kind thoughts when I was sick!! I am sure the combined happy thoughts of you all made me feel better!!
My word you rode a long way!! My legs feel wobbly just thinking about it. I am like you - I usually do the back first. I am a bit obsessive though and I write all my rows in my Knitting Journal so I can match the fronts EXACTLY to the back!!!
The Labradors like zucchini too!! They like it better than celery!!!