Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer Cooking

On a recent trip to the bookstore I bought Issue 61 of the Donna Hay magazine as I was excited to try a number of the summery recipes that are so beautifully presented. Tonight, we had Spiced Lemon Chicken with rice pilaf for main course and Plum Clafoutis for dessert with a dollop of vanilla ice cream melting over it.

I have ingredients ready to make another sweet, the Pineapple Coconut Loaf, but intend to make other things too. I will let you know how they turn out. Is anyone else cooking from this issue? Let me know your recommendations!

I definitely give five stars to tonight's recipes!

2 comments:

knitseashore said...

The plum dessert looks great! I don't have the Donna Hay, but I've made a few things from the Everyday Food June issue which are very good, the cherry pie with crumble topping, and the ricotta pasta dish.

2paw said...

We're up to #63 here, I just checked. I like Donna Hay, she always has great seasonal food recipes and has a really good website. I always buy her Christmas magazine and she has an excellent Kids' magazine too.