Thursday, September 03, 2009

Update to Today's Earlier Post

I went back to the Louisa Harding wall at The Knitting Corner this afternoon to get Debby a spare ball of kimono ribbon, but also to look for a few more things for me that I'd mentioned I was thinking about in the earlier post.

First, I changed out the glisten yarn with another kimono ribbon in a complimentary color. The difference in width won't be a problem for a shawl. So, here's the current selection for my version of Periwinkle.

The lonely sari ribbon now has company...enough yarns to do another Periwinkle. I am not sure whether to use the gray fauve shown in the group shot...

or this blue one. I'm leaning toward the gray for now. I guess I could end up using the blue as well, if I alternated it with the rows that would be done in gray.

Amazingly, I found just the right amount of flotsam for the shrug in Swallowtail that caught my eye. It was exactly the color I was looking for and on sale for 40% off! What luck!

The shrug shown in Swallowtail.

I have ended up with one ball of glisten without a project in mind, so I'll have to look for ideas for it on Ravelry. Maybe I can use it for a trim on something eventually. Any ideas?

Haven't I done well shopping? And everything is arranged in little 'kits' except for the glisten and maybe the blue fauve.

2 comments:

2paw said...

Wow, you have been busy shopping. The yarns all co-ordinate beautifully. Sadly I have no ideas for you. I have had a cup of tea but my brain is still not working!! I do think searching for projects made with the yarn on The Ravelry is an excellent idea. I do that!!

knitseashore said...

I can't tell from the photos if the Glisten would go color or texture wise with the Flotsam to make a tie for the shrug. It looks like it has a little belt?

I love the idea of the trim for mitts, or some of her little flowers to decorate a scarf, mitts, purse, or even a beret! I'm sure you'll figure it out when the time is right.

That's what I tell myself with the two skeins of blue and ivory ribbon yarn I found last month. :)